I won’t lie, when someone mentions the words “Two thousand sixteen”my initial reaction is to karate chop them in the mouth. But after some reflection, and serious silver lining hunting, it was a year of growing pains…. And the LAST time I had a year of growing pains, the year after it was THE best year ever in the history of always.
It happened I think to ALL OF US… I don’t think it was the BEST year ever, but hey, we all got through it together!
And although on the whole, when I look back on 2016 I think I can look back with a smile. it was one of the most formative years of my life so far, and for that I am thankful. (Engaged, married, moved twice, career growth/change, travelled a lot etc)
Every year when I reflect back on the year that passed, I write a blog or post about it. So I am going to share the post I made last year, let’s see if I held true to my goals!
Here was end 2015:
“2015 was such a great year, so many great times and lessons learned.
im not going to list my accomplishments and I’m not going to talk about the things I did, but I am going to talk about the things I learned that I want to share and what I plan on doing differently for 2016.
- I plan on putting zero importance on what other people think. They don’t have to live with the consequences of your actions and the only person your decisions affect is you. Im putting myself and my partner above everything else. Successful people don’t have time to hate on others so don’t waste your time.
- I plan on making my health and fitness my number one priority again, I couldn’t last year but I’m going to definitely do that this year because when I do that everything else seems to fall into place and I am happiest.
- I plan on making way more homemade pizzas, and yes ill share the recipes.
- You actually don’t need to post every little thing you do and everything you buy on social media, some things the world doesn’t need to know or see. Be happy for yourself and your accomplishments, you don’t need to always post them. Yes its fun to share but its best to keep some things sacred. I plan doing that a lot more this year.
- Also, at the same time, never ever judge someone elses happiness based on their social media. I had friend tell me that they know I’m happy based on social media therefore they don’t feel the need to speak to me, and thats so wrong- social media is a highlight reel, its not life, speak to your friends and family, you never know what the real story is. Especially for people like me who social media is a part of their job you only see a small fragment of what is happening.
- If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room. Evaluate who you surround yourself with constantly, if you want to be just like them, then you’re with the right people.
- Time alone and meditation are going to be big priorities for me this year. I am going to be taking different meditation classes online and in person. I suggest you do the same.
- Failing is the best way to success. Only after falling repeatedly on my face and being thrown obstacle after obstacle my way was I able to learn how to handle things, how I am as a person and who is really there for me.
- Don’t take family or friends for granted, because really and truly I mean when I say that good, loyal and loving people are hard to come by.
- Lastly, Never say never. I NEVER thought I wuld be a justin bieber fan but obviously he keeps releasing sick tune after sick tune and low and behold I am now a belieber.
I want to take this time to thank everyone who made my 2015 special, whether it was a lesson learned or amazing times together, I am thankful for each and every one of you. I wish you a very happy new year and hope that you make this the best year yet!”
Welllllll… I actually did most of those things! I really was nervous to read this because I thought I would have done maybe half.. but I did most! The one thing I didn’t do was homemade pizzas. I swear 2017 I will do it! #1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 definitely improved, 7 8 aced, 10 I kinda don’t like Bieber anymore but I stuck to the never say never mantra a lot.
We live in the best time ever to be alive. I think we forget that sometimes. We used to die from colds, and like, crabs and stuff. Seriously! We have the INTERNET, we can literally learn anything we want to… for free. We are (surprisingly lol) the smartest group of humans ever. We women can do whatever we want, marry who we want, wear what we want, such cool times.
I was thinking about it the other day. We re the most tolerant we’ve ever been, were not perfect, but… We are the best we’ve ever been …. We are living the longest we ever have, were the most connected to the world we’ve ever been, I mean like I have been to 10+ countries in the last two years… Do you think great grandma could say that? Great-great-great grandma? Nope. Think about it though… life is pretty good.
Fitness, we will see. I’m really happy with life at the moment and enjoying my training, eating healthy as always, unsure what’s going on in in the industry over here so I am just waiting and seeing what opportunities pop up this side. Fitness client wise- 2017 was more of the same, athlete wise we got 2 pro cards and a lot of top 5 placings, but THAT doesn’t really matter to me I care more about balance and happiness and a lot of our clients found that this year! So for that I am grateful!
If anyone is looking for online fitness coach, please just check out our site in the new year. We are re-launching Ambition early in the new year so stay tuned for that! (Excited)
2017 for me will be appreciating what I have, and getting back to me/Dan and working on beginning our family. (HOLD UP, I don’t mean babies. I mean like, we MIGHT get a fish. I have given up on plants, I have killed them all…) I always give ALL of me to my relationships, and it totally and utterly drained me. Not everyone has the same heart you do, not everyone was raised the same way you were, and not everyone has the same values as you. THAT, I learned to be true. As much as I already know it ISN’T selfish to focus on yourself first, myself, I really struggle with that. I probably always will, but I hope to improve. I have (LITERALLY) dedicated my life and my life’s work to helping other people. Like, health coaching, life coaching, fitness coach, counselling, I just have always loved helping other people that I forget about myself sometimes. And because I am stubborn, I seem to make the same mistake like 30 times before to be SURE. Let’s just say, now, I am sure.
Thank you for the lessons, laughs and love, 2016! I look forward to 2017 with hope, positivity and excitement and I hope you all do too!
What are your goals for 2017? What did you learn about in 2016? Was 2016 overall horrible or awesome for you? Tell me, tell me!